Sierra Monitor Corporation (“The Company”) is in compliant with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding collecting, using, and retaining Personal Data (as defined below). To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit .
- EU: European Union
- Third-Party Affiliates: current or prospective customers, cloud users, vendors.
- Personal Data: any information relating to individuals who resides or practices business within the European Union.
- Data Subject: the individual to whom any given Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Statement refers.
- JAMS ADR: JAMS is the third party Alternative Dispute Resolution organization retained by Sierra Monitor Corporation.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, The Company commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact The Company at: Privacy@SierraMonitor.com.
The Company has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit www.jamsadr.com for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
- Under the EU-US Privacy Shield, third party affiliates of The Company are allowed to collect personal data.
- Data subjects who submit inquires or purchase products from The Company are subject to share personal data including contact information, including, a contact person's name, work email address, work mailing address, work telephone number, title, and company name. As a product provider, such data is collected for (but not limited to) shipping, marketing, and sales analysis. The Company discloses Personal Data only to third parties who reasonably need to know such data. Examples of third parties that may receive personal information include third party sales representatives that have been contracted on behalf of The Company.
- Data Subjects whose Personal Data is covered by this Privacy Shield Policy have the right to access Personal Data and to correct, amend, or delete Personal Data if it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles.
- The Company will also adhere to this Privacy Shield Statement in conjunction with the company’s own privacy policies.
- Sierra Monitor’s adherence to this Privacy Shield Statement may be limited to the extent required to meet legal, regulatory, governmental, or national security obligations, but Personal Data covered by this Privacy Shield Statement shall not be collected, used, or disclosed in a manner contrary to this policy without the prior written permission of Sierra Monitor’s Data Protection Officer.
- Sierra Monitor’s participation in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is subject to investigation and enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Under certain conditions detailed in the Privacy Shield, Data Subjects may be able to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
- It is the obligation of The Company to disclose personal information to lawful requests by public authorities, which include meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Under the Privacy Shield Principles, The Company is liable if the company’s third-party Processor onward transfer recipients process the relevant Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless The Company proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact our Data Protection Officer with any questions or comments about this statement via email at Privacy@SierraMonitor.com.
Sierra Monitor Corporation
1991 Tarob Court
Milpitas, California 95035
Last Updated: September 4, 2018