Sierra Monitor Corporation Named A Top Place to Work in Silicon Valley
Posted by: Sierra Monitor Corporation | Posted on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Milpitas, Calif., June 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sierra Monitor Corporation (OTCQB:SRMC) is proud to announce it has been named one of the Top Places to Work by the Bay Area News Group (BANG), publisher of the San Jose Mercury News. Within the small business category, SMC ranked in the top 10.
This year, SMC is celebrating its 40th anniversary as a leading supplier of industrial instrumentation and control systems that enable facilities and equipment manufacturers to benefit from the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Jeff Brown, newly appointed CEO, commented “Over the past four decades, Sierra Monitor has nurtured a culture of excellence in the work we do every day with the products and services we deliver to our thousands of customers worldwide.”
After forty years of service, Gordon Arnold, founder of Sierra Monitor, is retiring. “When I started in 1978, I wanted to build a company developing innovative technology and a culture to be proud of. I believe Sierra Monitor embodies the spirit of Silicon Valley – passionate and innovative people who work together as a family to deliver quality products.”
Some key points in our history include:
- 1978: Sierra Labs Incorporated, and two years later, the name changed to Sierra Monitor Corporation with a focus on fixed installation gas detection systems.
- 1984: Gordon Arnold was appointed CEO..
- 1985: Introduction of Telco 2400, a CEV Gas Monitor, still used today by major telephone companies.
- 1986: We moved our head offices to Milpitas where we are still located today.
- 1989: Sierra Monitor became a public company as Sierra Monitor Corporation.
- 1993: Won contract for fixed H2S monitors for all US Navy vessels. To this day, the US Navy specifies Sierra Monitor brand H2S monitors on their ships.
- 1997: The FieldServer product line was born to provide multi-protocol gateway support for IIoT. Today FieldServer supports over 140 unique industrial and propriety protocols.
- 2017: The introduction of SMC Cloud to offer our customers secure remote connectivity with all FieldServer IIoT gateways, and the ability to configure, update, and support all connected industrial devices.
- 2017: Jeff Brown appointed Sierra Monitor CEO, paving the way for founder Gordon Arnold’s retirement.
About Sierra Monitor Corporation
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Milpitas, California, Sierra Monitor was founded forty years ago (in 1978) and has been a public company since 1989 (OTCBR:SRMC). By combining its distinguished track record in industrial sensing and automation with IoT technologies such as wireless, cloud connectivity, and data services, Sierra Monitor is at the forefront of the emerging IIoT trend. The company's vision is to capitalize on the expanding worldwide demand for knowledge-based products and services that improve operational performance, productivity, efficiency and safety in building automation, industrial, and military applications, while reducing demands on resources and energy consumption.
Sierra Monitor Corp. Steve Shaw Vice President Marketing +1 (408) 964-4449 firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Press Release
Feb 21 2019
Jan 14 2019
Jan 3 2019