ProtoConnect is a complete, turnkey project that involves designing and supplying a hardware/software solution for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and that leverages Sierra Monitor’s resources and ProtoCessor designs.
As a semi-custom module solution specifically designed for an OEM’s application requirements, Sierra Monitor’s ProtoConnect brings together the extensive driver library, coupled with proven experience in protocol translation gateways to provide the OEM customer confidence that their products will meet the foreign network’s requirements for interoperability.
ProtoConnect development involves analog and digital design, schematics, and PCB design. The ProtoConnect greatly reduces the OEM’s cost of development through work that Sierra Monitor provides. With our expertise, Sierra Monitor ensures the shortest time to market and the lowest cost per unit solution. In addition, we will continuously maintain the protocols at charge to the OEM.
OEMs can enjoy the benefits of the cloud connectivity through FieldPoP™. The ProtoConnect is FieldPoP-enabled, meaning all ProtoConnects can be registered to FieldPoP, Sierra Monitor’s device cloud for the IIoT. The FieldPoP web interface lets users remotely access, in a secure fashion, the FS-GUI and custom web applications that are available locally on the ProtoConnect. These applications offer functionality for configuration, monitoring, logging, security, diagnostics, and updates.
Project Design Cycle
- Sierra Monitor and OEM develop an in-depth project specification.
- After approval of the specification by both parties, Sierra Monitor proposes an NRE development fee and a price for the final production module.
- Sierra Monitor develops the product based on the approved specification and timelines resulting in development of 10 prototypes. Five are used in Sierra Monitor development and five are used by the OEM validation process.
- Upon approval of the prototypes, Sierra Monitor releases the product to manufacturing to setup necessary production and quality systems for product production.
- Sierra Monitor locks the hardware and firmware design and no further changes to the design occur unless agreed upon in writing by both Sierra Monitor and the OEM. Sierra Monitor will communicate to the customer of any suggestions that can improve the product.